My poster project reflective essay

I was asked to write a poem about my character. then I was told to make personal symbols referencing to my personality. I also had to create my own alphabet and pick out key words from my poem. I had to make jesters with the keywords definitions . Then we had to make a poster with all of the projects from before. I learned about illustration and how the patterns lined around my poster could be used in a book, and a greeting card. I used the same materials from the last project the gradient tool which creates a gradual blend between multiple colors and the pen tool which creates paths with straight segments. I really didn’t follow any steps just went along with any ideas that came to my head. My poster has a beaded pattern outline and a flower in the middle. The pedals of the big flower in the middle contains my flower symbol  and My poem which is scattered within the other pedals.

I definitely feel my poster fits every aspect of my personality as well as my identity. I felt the colors of my poster and previous projects basically anything I did because an arts never Regrets any decision when it comes up to their master piece. it like a puzzle, that just needed me to assemble it together. Even the big flower in the middle had a meaning to my design because I felt my poem had layers of information of who I am, just like every pedal is a layer of flower and if one is missing it can easily be detected.


This assignment was a great reunion with me and my artistic side. The project was enjoyable and satisfying, when seeing my final result. The only thing I learned was the works of Illustration and its collaboration in graphic design. I’m really familiar with Illustrator but I did learn about drop shadow which gave dimension in some parts of my design. I learned that I don’t necessarily dislike pink in my design, which is weird since I’m not a fan of pink. I think the hard part was placing my symbols and the poem in a  poster format as well as putting my own twist to it. over the past few weeks of this project I was changing my background and placements of my symbols but their was nothing I would have done differently.
I Don’t really know any class that needs these type of tools when helping me with another classes. I would definitely need these graphic design tools for a future career. If I wanted to make a logo for a company, Illustration when creating a book, or any type of advertisement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the year reflection

My Block NYC Video Project